Monday 23 January 2012

Rimmel Match Perfection and Fix & Protect Primer Review

I've had both these products for a while now, but that gives me the chance to review them properly for you!



Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer 30ml - £6.99

I've yet to indulge in a high-end primer, but its becoming obvious my oily/combination needs one, so after dissapointing results from the Loreal' one in the pot, I decided to try Rimmel's first primer!

I'm certainly not dissapointed, for the price, this is great stuff. It keeps my skin matte and oil free for a lot longer than  just foundation on its on. It definitely gives my skin a slightly smoother look too, nothing I'd rave about but it does make a difference.

In America, I believe the primer is tinted, but here in the UK its a white cream which goes clear when rubbed into the skin.

My bottle is nearly empty and I've recently purchased MUA's face primer and intend to buy the Illamasqua Matte Primer, but if I ever need a primer on a budget, I'll definitely be buying this again!


Rimmel Matching Perfection Foundation 30ml - £8.99

I got this in the shade 100 Ivory, which in the bottle is a similar shade to NW20 from MAC. Rimmel claim that the foundation has "Smart-Tone" Technology which adapts to skin tone and texture. Now, I'm not sure about all that, but it is a nice foundation and it certainly matches my skintone just about right after putting it on. It has good coverage too.

Its great for days when I want a medium/heavy coverage foundation and don't want to use a more expensive product. I've always trusted Rimmel to provide good quality make-up for a good price.

I would say I'd repurchase this product, but with Rimmel's new 'Wake Me Up' foundation about to launch in the UK, I think I'll be giving that a go first.

Rimmel products are currently on offer in Boots, so grab yourself a bargain if you fancy it! If you'd like to see any other products reviews, please just leave a comment! x



2 comments:

  1. i use this foundation too!

    Nice blog!
    You have a new follower,
    Katie xx

    Dreaming Of Forever,
    http://dreamingofforeverxkatie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love rimmel primer. I have the tinted one, I hope I can find this one in the states.

    Existentialnoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...