Monday 18 June 2012

Rimmel Scandal Eyes 'Show Off' Mascara.

Hello everyone! Another purchase from my recent shopping trip, heres my review of Rimmel Scandal Eyes 'Show Off' Mascara - £4.99 on offer from Boots and Superdrug.

After my last (less than kind) review of the original Scandal Eyes mascara, I was wary of trying their new offering. Nevertheless,I purchased the new 'Show Off' mascara on offer at £4.99, (will normally be £8.99) hoping it would be a bit better, and was pleasantly surprised!


The interesting thing about the mascara is the brush - the flat part of the brush is designed to plump lashes, and the ball tip is designed to lift and define! Overall, I'd say using the ball part o the brush all over is a bit tricky, but its nice for getting into the corners of your lashes, like the original Givenchy ball brush!

Its definitely a good mascara, it gives lashes a good amount of volume and length. Nothing too extreme or amazing, but good enough for me to be satisfied! Unlike the original Scandal Eyes mascara, the formulation isn't too wet and the brush is plastic instead of bristles. The packaging is also very pretty, the purpley pink definitely appeals to me!

I'd say this mascara is a good staple product, nothing amazing, but definitely worth checking out if you're looking for something new!

Hope you enjoyed this post, lots more coming soon! xx

4 comments:

  1. Great review! Lovely blog :)

    Stop by and check out my blog giveaway! :)
    http://dawndugong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I bought this today, being on offer & needing a new mascara. But, I got my OH to take it back for an exchange, because the bristles were all dry when I opened it. Bringing the replacement back and telling me a lot of them were dry (as the woman in boots told him). This next one was exactly the same, but I decided to give it a try, thinking maybe it's the way it works?! But trying to use it, was like trying to brush back-combed hair out. Is this right, am I doing it wrong! lol. Is the brush compleatley covered with black mascara, with the slight wet look, or is it supposed to be dry?

    Great post btw

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I think you've run into a faulty batch, the formulation is quite dry, but I wouldn't say completely dry and mine isn't difficult to apply at all :/ I'm sorry you've had a bad experience with it! :( Thank you xx

      Delete
  3. Thats a nice price for a mascara and great to hear that it worked out great! Might go and try it out now :) ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...