Sunday 5 August 2012

My Tribute To Marilyn.

Hello lovelies! Today is the 50th anniversary of the death of the one and only Marilyn Monroe. Considered by many (myself included) to be the most beautiful woman in the world, I'm a huge fan of Marilyn and own a big boxset of almost all her movies.


She is a beauty and style icon, famous for her blonde hair, big red lips and that beauty mark.

I'm going to show you a few beauty products that I use to create the Marilyn Monroe pin-up moviestar look! I genuinely own all these products and use them in creating the pin-up look I wear most days, I just didn't have time to photograph them!

MAC Russian Red Lipstick:
The classic red lipstick for beauty addicts the world over. Miss Monroe's favourite lipstick was a Guerlain red, but if MAC had been around in the 50s, I bet Marilyn would've worn Russian Red. A favourite of modern pin-up and burlesque star Dita Von Teese its perfect for creating the look.

Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette:
Marilyn always wore lots of champagne coloured eyeshadows, with a darker brown in the crease. The Naked 2 palette is perfect for creating a pin-up eye look.

Rimmel Glam' Eyes Liner:
No Marilyn Monroe make up is complete without black 'cat eye' eyeliner, and of course, her famous beauty spot!

Sleek Brow Kit:
All 50s pin ups and actresses had extremely well groomed brows. Use Sleek's Brow Kit for perfect brows.
Illamasqua Powder Blush in Tremble:
Pink cheeks are a staple in the pin-up look. Use Tremble sparingly for a sheer flush of colour!

Katy Perry for Eyelure 'Oh Honey!' Lashes:
Popstar Katy Perry is another example of a modern day girl who loves the pin-up look! These lashes in 'Oh Honey!' are perfect for creating big bambi eyes.

These products should have you looking fabulous like Marilyn! I hope you enjoyed this post, I'll leave you with one of Marilyn Monroe most famous performances, from my favourite film, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes:


Diamonds are a girls best friend! More posts coming soon! xx

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic post, Marilyn would be proud! Only problem is I'm now lusting after things I can't afford, especially Russian Red, it's been on my list for ages now, I've not heard much about the Sleek brow kit though so I'll have to give that a try now, thanks for the great post :)

    Ali xx
    zombiesweareyeliner.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...